Chas Rant

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Out Sick

The flu ripped through my family. Amy got sick last Tuesday evening. When I picked up the boys Wednesday afternoon from school, they were both moving pretty slow. By Wednesday night, Little Man had a piping hot fever, and Thursday morning, I was feeling green and Big Guy was starting to simmer. Fevers for the boys peaked at 103 for Big Guy and 104 for Little Man. Amy topped around 102 Friday.

My illness didn't hit full swing until after midnight Saturday night. It was a well timed illness that allowed me to stay relatively above the weather through 3+ days of the rest of the family being really sick. Saturday, Amy was not 100% but her fever had broken and she was able to pick up most of the slack as I went down for the count. Big Guy continued to spike evening fevers through last evening. But today, it looks like everyone is heading towards full recovery. Amy and I have gone 4 years now without ever having both of us and the boys sick at the same time. For that I pray thanks!

Poker, well, don't play poker sick. And even though I say that the WWdN tourney is just for fun and throw away money, my online bank roll slips heavily. I think I may watch from the sidelines for a while until it is less of a significant hit to my cash. The buy-in last week along with playing while ill, led to a loss of 90% of my bankroll, I am down 3 levels in my cash grinding and looking at bottoming out. I won't have another cash deposit for months, so if I bottom out that will be it. If I can win my live cash game this week, I may be able to sneak those winnings in to my online bank roll without hearing it from Amy.

Breckenridge in 1 week. I am no longer nervous, I am in better shape than I have been in for a long time, all my ski clothes fit and I think I am ready. This will be the longest I have ever been away from the boys, but it will be good for Amy and I to get some time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home